UPDATE: Mrs.Hester had a marvelous idea. I've seen other people do it and just never thought about doing it myself. From now on, on this blog I will refer to my niece and nephews by their first initials instead of by their whole names, and I will do the same for my sisters/bros-in-law. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
So after making that last non-Sunday Stills post, in which I mentioned my views on Halloween, it occurred to me that such a post, on a rather controversial issue, might be better made on my private blog, as such a post could possibly draw nasty comments. However, after a little more thought on the matter, I decided that, while I am using my private blog for most of the controversial and/or more personal posts, I am not going to stop using my public blog to state my opinions and beliefs on certain matters. So therefore, I came to the conclusion that I am not going to either erase that portion of the post or even move it to the private blog. What I believe is what I believe and I don't see any need to hide it. It's my blog, I can say what I want on it, and if you leave me a nasty comment I will simply delete it. That's what comment moderation is for. So, that being said, I am still figuring out the line to draw regarding what to post on my public blog for all to read, and what to post on my private blog for only my friends to read. You know, it's a lot harder of a line to draw than I thought it would be.
Now, I've always made a point of not posting much as far as political stuff on this blog -- except in somewhat-extreme cases where I felt a little lobbying, a little standing up for what I believe, was necessary. But the question becomes...do I continue to not post political stuff, do I post political stuff on the private blog, or do I just say, "Forget it, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to post it on my public blog"??
My sweet niece and nephews are another subject I've been debating over. Most of y'all have already seen their photos and know their names. Do I continue posting their pictures here on this blog or do I keep them strictly for the private blog, just for their safety's sake?
Questions, questions, questions. I don't have time for debating with myself like this. I gotta go study. Feel free to give me your opinion on this randomness -- you're entitled to your opinion as well! 'Course, if it's nasty, then please keep it just to your own blog.
:)
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
More Randomness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
A BIG WHITE HORSE FELL IN A BIG WET PUDDLE OF MANURE!! How's that for a nasty comment? Okay, sorry...that was supposed to be a joke :) I must have missed your post about Halloween, I will have to go back and look it up; I've been missing quite a bit on the blogosphere these days but I hope to rectify that soon.
As for the line to draw online, I really think that is up to your discretion, and I would not fault you one bit if you were super cautious. I think you may be able to go back to your previous posts and take names out or make up something cutsie to call them by instead :) True, there are some who have already seen their names, but then there are those that haven't as well :)
Hope you find a balance in it that you are happy with. Have a great day sweet sister!!
And I haven't forgotten about the tag :)
I have come to the conclusion that nasty people leave nasty comments, and you can always delete them. Anybody with half a brain can disagree with some one and not be nasty. It's just up to them to choose it! I say you should write your convictions, and never stray from them. If people can't be nice, well then they can just either keep it to themselves, or be deleted.
Then again, I'm kind of cut and dry when it comes to all of that.
I like the idea of using initials for your family. If you notice, I never refer to any of my family by anything other than nicknames or their initial. ;)
Hey Becka...I totally agree with you on your views on Halloween! I like the idea of initials! I may even try that. As far as posting views on either private or public...we I love stating what I believe(esepially on politics) so I am considering opening another blog to share my views on diffrent issues. =)Yea, these are alot of hard questions. On the picts of you neices and nephews...well for saftey I would put them on the private...but you know we are big on that. =) I love and miss ya. Questions questions. I hope are doing good...talk to ya soon!
Post a Comment