Dear sweet LeAnna didn't pick me for the giveaway :( but she did tag me for an award :) so I forgive her. :P (in case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm, that was a joke -- just thought I'd clarify) Anyway, the award is the Honest Scrap. And LeAnna, you're right, it does sound like an expletive if you say it without enunciating all the consonents. Oh, and Sara also tagged me for it. I don't think I've ever been double-tagged. :)
So here's what you're supposed to do:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the one who gave you the award.
2) Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3) Present this award to 9 other fantastically brilliant blogs of content or design, or peeps that have encouraged you.
4) Tell those 9 people they've been awarded and make sure they're informed of these guidelines.
My ten HONEST things:
1. I don't lie. Which makes this slightly unnecessary. (It's just a fun game, B -- just enjoy it. Hmm, 'just enjoy it'...that sounds like a slogan for something... Then on the other hand, I might not want to know what it would be a slogan for.) Which brings me to my next point.
2. I'm easily distracted. No, not ADHD, just easily distracted. In my family, we call it 'there goes a fly'...because the slightest little thing can distract and redirect the thoughts. Like the pretty red and green plaid Christmas ribbon sitting on my desk. There went a fly.
3. When I love, I love wholeheartedly. I love my parents and my grandparents (including my adopted grandparents) and my adopted sisters and brothers-in-law and niece and nephews and ALLLLLLLLL my friends. Once you're my friend, you're my friend forever and I love you with all my heart. And pretty much everybody who will be reading this post is my friend, and I love you.
4. I'm a little protective of those whom I love. You better not ever say anything bad about my friends or family, let alone hurt them in any way. It's not as bad as it used to be when I was quite a bit younger. Now I can usually keep a little calmer, and just breathe threats from between clenched teeth...instead of letting fists fly...but you better believe I'll still use the fists if necessary. I get mad a little too easily when somebody I love is involved. Guess I'll be a bear of a mama, huh?
5. When I get really mad -- and I mean REALLY mad, not just sorta angry -- my face gets very red, I sweat, my body tenses and my fists clench in readiness, and my vision gets very blurry. Whatever happens, I usually remember only small snapshots later on. Like the fight I got in when I was 12. But that's a whole 'nother story. The point is that when I truly lose my temper, which has only happened about two or three times in my life, I tend to react physically.
6. I love babies, and I love kids. I don't always like kids, but I do love kids. Ya know, kids can get awfully bratty sometimes. You know what I mean. And if you don't, if you're signed into my private blog, go read the post I made there. If you aren't, just imagine yourself working at a daycare with nearly thirty kids and there's absolutely NOTHING you can do to them. Frustrating. But I do love kids. But I tend to love babies more. I know -- weird point to make right after telling how I get mad easily. There went a fly.
7. I used to have really.short.hair. It was a bit of a teenage rebellion. There's a lot of background to this, a lot of the story behind it that I haven't told and probably won't tell on my public blog, but one of these days I will probably tell it on my private blog.
8. Here goes another fly. Y'all probably know by now about my adopted sisters, brothers-in-law, niece and nephew. But did y'all know about my adopted Lebanese grandparents? They have known both my parents for MANY years, and they stood in for my dad's parents at my mom and dad's wedding. What? You didn't know that my dad was an orphan? Yep. But no, that's not one of my honest points, because that's my dad's story, not mine. Anyway, I call them Jiddo (shih-doo) and Tata (tay-tuh), which mean Grandfather and Grandmother. They are very dear to me and I love them very much (but then you already knew that from point 3). I would've put this photo in my Happiness Is... post except that it didn't get taken until this past Saturday when I was in Phoenix.
9. Y'all know I'm a Christian, but you may not know that specifically, I belong to an independent, fundamental Baptist church. Now, I have a lot of friends reading this that are also Baptist, and some that are not. Frankly, I'm not going to say that one denomination is necessarily better than another. You have to find for yourself a local church that fits with what the Bible says. For me, that's a local Baptist church. That doesn't mean that another denomination somewhere else isn't also following God's Word in what they say and do. I have an uncle who is a Methodist minister, and another uncle who is a Calvary Chapel pastor. We may not always agree about everything, but in the most important things we completely concur, and I know they are going to heaven despite our disagreements on nonimportant matters.
10. Whew! One more. Let me see.... Ah, I know one. I hate math. High school algebra and geometry was really, really tough. I have NEVER liked math...except Venn diagrams. Don't ask me why, I have absolutely no idea, but the Venn diagram part of statistics I have always liked. Everything else -- nope. If it takes more brain power than 2+2=4 and 5x2=10, I don't really like it.
OK, so now for the really fun part (cue sound: evil laugh) mwa ha ha ha!! My tagees. Nine of them, to be exact. Now the problem with getting tagged by a friend...who knows all your other friends...is that it makes it very hard to tag anyone that hasn't already been tagged by said friend. Ya know what I mean? Now, if any of you do not want to play the game and do the tag, that's OK. I'll just hate you forever. Or maybe I'll forgive you at some point. Seriously, though, if you don't want to do it, I really will understand.
So here we go:
1. Quilted Snail -- because she's my aunt and, per point 3, I love her.
2. Broken Y Ranch -- because she's my friend and...just read point 3 again, OK?
3. A&MD Ranch -- a good bloggie friend. I think you've read point 3 enough times now.
4. Forever Student -- another good bloggie friend. Point 3.
5. Just Chicken Sittin' -- a new bloggie friend. You know which point.
Now, because I'm running out of friends that have public blogs, that LeAnna hasn't already tagged, I'm going to tag a few private blogs. Sorry, guys.
6. Madame Polka -- go for it, girly!
7. Oreo Avalanche -- enjoy!
8. Texan Gal -- have fun!
9. Let Us Read God's Word Together -- can't wait to read what you say! :)
OK, folks -- go out there and have a MARVELOUS Jesus day! :)

8 comments:
Girl, I turn bright red when I get mad too. My hubby says I have a temper???? What??? :) Great list! Your adopted Grandparents look wonderful!
You sounded just like me on a few of your honest scrap!
Too fun!
Oh I loved your truths!! Thanks for the award!!
Thank you. I will do this but not yet. I'm on a blog break for a while. But when I get back on, this will be the first thing I'll do.
Thanks again.
I cracked up at your comment. ;) Have ya'll been scheming? :P I will say though, I don't live in NM. Not sure if you knew that or not. ;) Ranch Girl and I are separated by a big ol' state. :P However, if that arrangement works out for you, you better come visit me!!! (heehehehe)
Hey Rebekah! Thank you for your lovely comment. Keep seeking to be a godly young lady by Biblical standards - the reward and joy is so great =)
I loved this!
Okay so I can't get the video to go all the way so I just deleted the post. :(
Didn't think that was funny? Just kidding... no wonder you were confused - it cut out right before the funny part.
Anyways, thanks fr bringing that to my attentions
Post a Comment