Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Stills -- Transportation

This week's Sunday Stills challenge is Transportation. And I must admit, when I first saw those words, my first thought was..."Awwww, now he shouldn't've done that..."

These photos were taken from the annual sidecar (motorcycle) rally in Griffith Park, Los Angeles. I won't even try to explain each one, just notice that there's a sidecar attached to each one. :)

These were also taken at the sidecar rally, but they don't have sidecars. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good photo of the bike my daddy and I rode to the rally (it didn't have a sidecar either).

This one was very interesting. If you look close it's actually a trike...with a padded seat. Cool, huh?
As long as we're discussing transportation, here's another mode. In the harbor we usually go to (to look at the boats - we don't own one), Tuffy is my favorite. Part of it is that she stands out in bright red from all the other white and blue boats in the dock, the ones with names like Hotel California and Isle Be Back and Captain Martini...but part of it is that she looks a bit like an old, experienced boat from a kids book...something along the lines of Scruffy the Tugboat. You know what I mean? She looks like she's been around awhile, weathered the storms, and now floats proudly.

But if I couldn't have Tuffy, I'd settle for this gorgeous little redhead -- she reminds me of a convertible Cadillac, style, comfort, and pizzaz. Need I say more?

However, it really isn't fair of Ed to limit 'transportation' to just, "Things that run on fuel and carry two or more passengers." Because there are some marvelous modes of transportation that run on fuel called hay...and prefer not to take more than one passenger, but will do so if necessary. This, folks, is my favorite mode of transportation:

Well folks, that's all for this Sunday Stills. There are plenty more of 'em over on the Sunday Stills blog though, so drop in and say howdy! :)

6 comments:

VioletSky said...

Those sidecars are indeed eyecatching! And I like your shot of Tuffy - it really stands out in a crowd.

Becky said...

Those bottom 2 picts of you on the horse are SOOOOO CUTE! I love riding horses. Next time your here we need to ride together. LOVE and MISS you!

Anonymous said...

Love the motorbike shots :D
Great post. You are right about the redhead! It reminds me of similar things too. Cool! :D

chloe; moresecretwhispers.wordpress.com said...

hey nice photos! your little horse is cute too :)

flowerweaver said...

I like the Tuffy, too!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I like the wooden one. The most funny one is on TV is the British TV George and Mildred in the 70s.