Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Macros

OK, I know it's a bit late, but it IS still Monday, so here's my macro photos. These are of rocks and shells that I picked up while at the beach the other day.

Most of the rocks I picked up had holes worn right through them








This is one side of this rock:


And this is the other side:

Now for the shells. This big one has two holes.

I guess this is something along the lines of mother-of-pearl, maybe from a clamshell or oyster shell or something? Help me out here folks, I really don't know much about shells and marine life and whatnot.

These photos don't do justice to the brilliant colors.

I guess this is some sort of critter home.

The prettiest shell, a light lavender in the classic seashell shape. (try saying that ten times fast)
Isn't it gorgeous??!!

Somebody asked me on one of my macro posts about the cost of macro lenses. Now the camera I use most of the time is my parents' little Canon Powershot SD1000, which is nothing compared to the cameras that most of y'all use I know, but it's a real nice little camera and turns out some pretty nice quality photos with a little work. But it comes with a macro setting built in, so I have no idea about individual macro lenses. Can anybody help me out here and let me know what the typical macro lens costs? Thanks!

8 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your shells and rocks are very interesting. Your blog background does make your post a little difficult to read. Simple is sometimes better:)

LeAnna said...

Great photos! Lens's vary by brand, but you can expect to pay anywhere from several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. They're not cheap, but if you can find one used it's your best bet.

Dusty Devoe said...

Great pictures! We lived at the beach for four years and we were addicted to beachcombing.We collected agates, shells, beach glass glass balls, and anything unusual. Even have quite a few bouy's. I really miss it. I know nothing about camera's. I just have a little Sony point n shoot.

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Love the crazy rocks!!! Macro lens' will vary in price by brand...You can look on ebay and find different choices and prices..

flowerweaver said...

The holes in the rocks are very cool! Isn't it nice how macro photography can help us see and question nature?

TO BECOME said...

Your rocks are beautiful. Have you ever found any sea glass. My daughter in law michele has just started collecting it when she finds it on the beach here. It is so pretty.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful rocks with us. I think your photos are very good. love you, Grandma connie

Ed said...

Great shots! I paid $400.00 u.s for my 105mm Sigma, and the Nikor105mm is around $1000.00 , it all depends on how much you want to spend. more money= more magnification and clarity..:-)

Rebekah said...

Thanks all for the info on lens $!! :)