Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Signs of Fall

This week's Sunday Stills challenge is 'Signs of Fall'.

Being here in southern California, it's not like we really have much by way of signs of fall...not yet at least. Later on we'll have changing leaves, cooler weather, etc. But for now, the only signs of fall are... DECORATIONS!!

This hangs from our front door:

This is the wreath in the front of the house:


Inside, we have various decorations set around the house (yes that is a dvd player below, no it does not work):
Our table centerpiece, which I did not get a good photo of, contains lovely suflowers, etc.:

This would be the kitchen shelf and bulletin board, sporting autumn decorations as well:

These cute little fellas, the turkey and the scarecrow, hang around and add festivity to their corners:


And hanging on a wall is a large quilted wall hanging my mama made years ago:

My final sign of fall for y'all is my new blog makeover! I like changing my blog look based on the seasons, and autumn is one of my four favorite seasons. :)

Well, that's all I've got for now. Feel free to head over to Sunday Stills and see some more! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Fall decorations, you've gone all out. :)

allhorsestuff said...

Hello there sister!
Nice decorations...that would be hard to capture fall in a hot climate...
I thought to go to the produce store and get pics of the beautiful pumpkins...but did not get the chance so walked outside instead.
KacyK

Ed said...

Very nicely done..:-)

flowerweaver said...

Looks like fall has arrived in your house!

Anonymous said...

your place & the nick-nacks make it feel welcoming :)
nice photos, such warmness in each

City girl turned Country Girl said...

I love Fall!!! It's the season with all of my favorite colors!!!

LeAnna said...

Love your decor, it's so festive! Your blog is looking cute, too. To answer your question about cats; I don't really know why I don't care much for 'em, but I just don't! I've always been a dog lover. Could have been because growing up all of my cats always wandered off or disappeared (no thanks to the dogs!) so I just always had more interaction with dogs. Speaking of that, dogs are just more interactive than cats. I did have a few cats that were real sweethearts, but it was funny - they always acted like dogs! :P