I have something sort of on my mind. Sitting here on my desk in front of me is the Christmas Gift Catalog for Samaritan's Purse. Now, I don't know if y'all are familiar with Samaritan's Purse, or with Operation Christmas Child, which is part of Samaritan's Purse... Anyway, I really feel strongly about this charity... I know that money is really pretty tight for a lot of folks these days, what with the economy and stuff, and I'll admit it's pretty tight for us too...but when you think of the folks in other countries for whom money isn't just tight, it's nonexistent...well, sort of makes you count your blessings and then want to give back in return, doesn't it? Now, my mom and I volunteer in the processing center for our area, which is a really neat thing, and I would really encourage you, if you have a processing center near you, to donate your time like that. But even more important is having boxes to process...
Not to mention all these needs besides just boxes. Samaritan's Purse is involved with emergency relief around the world, wherever they're needed...and medical assistance, in the neediest of places...they provide the means for needy children to have life-saving surgery and other medical attention...and they work with HIV/AIDS patients in poor areas... And if you read their catalog, you will see that your gift could feed a hungry baby for a week, give clothing to those in need, provide Bible lessons for children, help stock a fish pond or provide chickens or goats for malnourished families...you can give blankets to the cold, shelter to the homeless, medicine to the critically ill, and an example of God's love to needy people across the world. You get my point?
I have heard of people holding yard sales and bake sales to raise money to give these gifts. I have heard of people being sponsored to run, walk, or bike, so that they can donate the money. People hold bike rallies, or start programs in their church, because they feel that God wants them to do something about this. Maybe you can prayerfully ask if the Lord wants you to do something...
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Samaritan's Purse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello I'm the Daughter of a note from Theresa.
Post a Comment