First of all, thanks for all your kind comments, hoping that this mess can be cleaned up soon, and commiserating...
We've been doing well... We go over to the neighbors' houses to fill buckets, pots, and pitchers with water so that we can wash our hands, flush toilets, wash dishes...all that good stuff...
It's really pretty interesting, doing things the old fashioned way. I can almost imagine that I'm hauling this pot full of water from the well out back, instead of the neighbor's hose... When I put a pot of water on the stove to heat up so that I can wash dishes, I can almost imagine I am back in the days when there weren't faucets and taps on sinks... As for going to the bathroom...well....let's not discuss that.... ;)
Do you know what these are??
Well, if you've ever had a leak in your house, you know exactly what they are... The blue thing is a blower, and the red thing is a dehumidifyer. We have three of these blowers, two in the living room...
And one in my bathroom. Do you know how hard it is to, you know, take care of business when there's a hurricane wind blowing??! I've started using my parents' bathroom instead, it's quieter!
Casey-dog isn't too bothered by it, but Skeet is terrified. She wouldn't venture out of my bedroom until about 7:00 this morning, poor kitty. The noise and the windstorm must be pretty scary to such a small critter...
As for our trip, we have rescheduled everything again...we're not going until mid-November. You see, my grandfather's sister is going to be in Arizona for Thanksgiving, and we wanted them to be able to see each other again one more time... And, because of time scheduling, that means we get to have Papa with us here for Thanksgiving! I am very excited about that -- I don't know when the last time I was able to share Thanksgiving with my grandfather. So, Lord willing, everything is worked out that way. Maybe that's why the pipes busted now -- so that we could work things out this way.
One last thing.... Did y'all notice the new look? It's a Cutest Blog On the Block background! Now, ordinarily I'm not too big on the CBOTB stuff, but I was tired of the background that I made myself, and I really liked this one, so here it is... Do you like it?
Well, I have other things to do, so I will sign off for now. I hope everybody has a great day!

1 comment:
I love your new blog look. Glad things seem to be turning out well. Hope it will soon be just a memory. Mrs.Connie
Post a Comment