We've had a little change of plans here....
Do you know what this is??
If you guessed 'wet carpet', you would be right!
No, nobody had an accident...just the pipes coming from the water heater... Yeah, I know -- ugly, isn't it?!!!!
We've known for quite awhile that we had a problem, but only for the last week or so that we truly had leaks -- you read that right, leaks -- a slab leak and an in-house leak, and an blown regulator. We also knew that these leaks would keep getting bigger and bigger until they blew through the pipes and made a mess (or a tidal wave, depending on how soon we caught it! LOL -- OK it isn't really funny)... What we didn't know is how soon this would happen (nobody knew but God, of course)...and when it happened was probably about 1:30 this afternoon!
The row of towels, trying to soak up the water...
We had run a few loads of laundry this morning, which is probably what was the last straw for the pipes. And while those loads of laundry were running, I had heard a strange, heretofore-unheard noise in the bathroom, a sort of sqealing noise... In hindsight, I can say, "Hmmm....wonder what that was??!!!!"
So apparently, Lord, You didn't want us to go to Arizona tomorrow...
Yeah, it does get better. Tomorrow my mom and I were scheduled to take off for Arizona, to see friends and pick my grandfather up from the airport...but now all that has been neatly and successfully moved to next week. I mean, really neatly and successfully -- no problem switching flights, times with various friends, etc.
So maybe the Lord was saving us from a car accident, or something... I don't claim to know why He does things, but it sure is an interesting "coincedence"...wouldn't you say??

4 comments:
Well, I am so sorry that your carpets are wet but if God was saving you all from some diaster, I will just say, "thank you Lord."
Hope you can get it all cleaned up and fixed without too much problem. I know how hard cleaning up leaks or floods. We have had two floods and when it started coming into our house that is what it looked like for about two minutes and then the carpet was covered. It was really bad. I hope your doesn't get to that point. I'll be praying for you all. connie from Texas
Yay. Or not. :-P These kinds of things are NEVER fun. Hope you get it all cleaned up here soon and can make your trip next week happen!
That must not be very nice! But "God moves in mysterious ways..."
Hey Bekah! Hope y'all get it all cleaned up soon!!
~Morgan~
Post a Comment