The Leak Saga is finally pretty much over. All that's left is the repair! :)
The blowers were removed Thursday morning, and about the same time, we had water! PTL!! :)
The third plumber (don't ask...it's a long story) had to knock a hole in one wall to try to find the leak...
Here's something else. Remember in the last post, I mentioned that I thought that maybe this happened to prevent an accident or something? Well, I now see two reasons why the Lord might have had things happen this way. For one, my grandfather is now complaining of a back pain, which may possibly be another kidney stone. I'm thankful that he isn't far away from home, dealing with that.
For the other, I have come down with my semiannual sinus infection. Yep, about twice a year I come down with the whole runny nose, stuffed sinuses, sore throat stuff. Lots of fun. But this is a pretty usual thing for me, and it's running its usual course, so I'm doing OK...I'm just thankful that I'm not in Phoenix with my mom and grandfather dealing with this.
And finally, we knew it would happen sooner or later. I mean, we were working against time with the first plumber and the second semi-plumber (he was really a handyman, not a plumber), and we knew the pipe was going to go within a short amount of time...we just didn't know when. I'm thankful that the pipe didn't bust when Papa was out here, with the water being off, the blowers on, all that stuff. That would've just been harder to deal with, with him here.
All this mentioning of being thankful for things has my mind going on a different track now. My Aunt Moira, whose blog is The Quilted Snail, had a good idea recently. She wrote a post in which she shared a conviction she'd had about being grateful for things. She decided that from then on, she would end all her posts with at least two things for which she was grateful.
Now, I don't know about you, but when I heard that idea, a little light bulb went off in my head. If she was convicted by this other blog to be more grateful, and decided to list her gratitudes with every post, why shouldn't I do that? And...why shouldn't other people do that too? Maybe... Maybe I can start a trend, a challenge!
So, here's my challenge to you. November is the month of Thanksgiving -- or at least it was until folks took the emphasis off gratitude and onto shoving our mouths full of turkey and gossip. How about we, our little bloggie community, decide to take November and make it our own personal Month of Thanksgiving?
I challenge you, everyone who reads this post, to end every post that you make in November with at least two things for which you are grateful. This doesn't have to be real fancy or anything, just a heartfelt giving of thanks to the God who has given us so much. And who knows? maybe you'll like it so much that you'll decide to do it from now on, like my Aunt Moira did!
You can start now if you want, or wait until November starts. Just make sure, if you take me up on the challenge, to really do it, not just do it for a few posts and then stop. This is between you and the Lord, so whatever you're grateful for, stop and thank Him for it!
I'm going to start now. I've already listed several things above for which I'm grateful, but I'm going to add one more.
Lord, thank You for my bloggie friends, who have cheered me up on many an occasion, and have often reassured me that I am not alone in the things that I struggle with. They're also people, Lord, and we all struggle with temptations and such. Thank You for these friends.

1 comment:
I hope you can get it fixed soon!
BTW, your new header is really cute!
Post a Comment