I have just a moment, I'm at my grandparents'...I mean, my grandfather's house. It's so hard not to say "Grandma and Papa" any more, just to keep it to "Papa"... I miss my grandma something fierce, and being here without her being here just seems so empty...
The Lord is good -- the Lord is very, very good; He is not good because He has blessed us in many ways these last few days, but He has shown again and again His goodness. He provided last-minute (as in, the next morning) flights for not horribly expensive costs; He provided someone to house-sit and dog-sit for us on such short notice (the kennel we usually board Baby at was full); our pastor, wife, and my beautiful niece took us to the airport, since my dad is out of town; our flight from CA to FL had a stop in GA, which was very stormy, so our connecting flight from GA to FL was cancelled -- but we got onto the next flight to FL, a couple hours later, despite being on standby due to the plane being over-booked; our flights didn't even have much turbulence or such problems, were very uneventful; my dad, who's on a business trip to GA right now, was able to meet us at the GA airport and have dinner with us; and here we are, safe and sound!
The last two days have been 4:00 AM to 11:00 PM days for me, which is quite a bit longer than my usual 5AM-9PM day, so I am just dragging. I think I did get about 5-7 hours of sleep this morning, so I'm not quite as tired as I was yesterday, but I think I will sleep well tonight!
The memorial is at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. There will be no viewing, since she is to be cremated, but we will have her memorial. We've been going through old boxes in the closet, sorting through old pictures... When we get back home and I gather up everything I want, I am going to do a post as a memorial of her, with pictures and memories...
It's been nice spending time with family today, since my mom and I, Mom's oldest sister with her husband and four kids (ranging in age from 25 to, I think, about 12 or 13), Mom's other sister (her husband and kids couldn't come), are all here, and, flying in tonight, Mom's big brother with his wife and their daughter (who's in her early 20's, but their two sons can't come). My poor mother, the youngest of the four children, is constantly being called (by everybody but me) the name of one of the sisters! It's pretty funny.
I'm going to stop now, but I hope to post again in about a week or so, hopefully with Grandma's memorial. Until then, God bless you all!
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Quick Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thank you for the update Bekah. This is so hard, but your faith in the Lord is shining and I know will carry you through. I will continue to pray for you and your family. Love you all!
I cannot imagain how hard it would be to not have your grandmother to talk to. I just talked to mine, and she is such a blessing in my life. Keep the faith dear, and remember her and her Godly heritage! Thats how she would want you to remember her. She is now with Jesus, and in such a better place!!!
As to that song, yes LeeAnn Womack sings it, and you really need to hear it! Sometimes still it will make me cry listening to the words when I am down. :-) If you have i-tunes account or something like that you could listen to it. Or maybe even at her website. I will let you know if I find a place that plays it with easy access.
Take care girl, Keep the Faith and remember the JOY of the LORD is your Strength!
I was sorry to hear about your grandma, but I am glad you can be with family to share memories.
We are keeping you in our thoughts!
Just checking for an update...still praying for you all.
Dear Rebekah, I'm praying for you and your family. God is so good at working things out for our God and I am sure He will get glory in all that you are doing. I know it is very hard, God will see you through. You will have all those memories of your Grandma and not time nor death can take those away. So hold tight and thanks be to God for the victory He is giving you. connie from Texas
Post a Comment