In my school Bible curriculum, Polished Cornerstones, I am in the chapter entitled "A Wise Manager". One of the projects assigned to me was to interview mothers, asking questions about how they manage their households, particularly their children. Could you ladies please help me out by answering these questions? Thanks.
1. Do you use the same methods of organizing and management that your own mother used? If not, how are yours different?
2. How do you praise/reward diligent obedience?
3. How do you correct/punish disobedience or carelessness?
4. Those of you with older children, how much of your management duties to you relegate to them?
Thanks again for your time and helpfulness!
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Motherhood Management
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Answer to #1) In some things I am the same as my Mother. How we are different is that I do make my children help. My Mother never really made us help with any thing. But she never turned down help.
Answer to #2) My Children LOVE to play video games. They are not aloud to play their game boys or Nintendo until every thing is done. School/jobs.
Answer to #3) When my Children were younger I would spank them when they would do things wrong. Now, because they are older, I just don’t let them play their games or watch TV.
Answers to #4) My Children have different jobs in our home that they help with. Not one Child has a job that we don’t do together. We have school first, then we all pitch in and help clean. My duties are still mine, but they help a lot with them.
I hope this is what you was looking for.
Thank you very much -- I really appreciate it!
neat questions - sorry if i am too late in answering...
1. i use only some of the same organizing methods (keeping coupons in envelopes, make bed using opposite corners, etc.) and I also try to get JT to help, like my mom had us help out. i try to imagine that i am better at organizing than my mother - i keep lists and periodically purge our house of unneeded/unused items. i am not sure what "household managing" exactly is...
2. I try to use positive reinforce ment - things like "you did a nice job" or "i am proud of you for listening to your teacher" (rather than "you are a good boy"). since he is only 3, we don't have rewards per se. instead we try to negotiate the order we do things. but we use extra playing or books sometimes as rewards.
3. again, he is young, so not much other than words and reinforcement - if he doesn't listen to me at the playground, then we have to leave (consequences) or he loses a priveledge. i don't like time-outs that much and spanking is definitely not an option. we also talk a lot about why a behavior is not acceptable and how it makes him/us/others feel.
4. I guess time will tell!
Thanks Chris!
Post a Comment