Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I Don't Like Ants

I really, really don't like ants.

I never have.

I probably never will.

But lately my dislike of ants has turned into something close to hatred.

I have seen ants creeping and crawling in their thick little lines all over the kitchen counters.

I have seen them invading the cat and dog food.

I have seen them gorging on vegetable scraps thrown into the garden as compost.

I have seen them invading and infesting every part of the house, including the bedroom floor, the bedroom closet clothes-hangers, the bathroom floor, the bathroom counters, and even the bathroom ceiling.

I have even seen them feasting on old, gooey Jolly Ranchers left in an otherwise empty Treat Bag.

But this was worse than ever before.

I was home alone, and had just made myself a delectable bean and cheese burrito for lunch. I reached into the cabinet to get some potato chips to accompany the wonderful burrito. And then...I saw them.

All over the chip bag.

Under it.

In it.

It was too much for my poor, overwrought nerves. I threw the bag on the floor and rushed for the Ant-B-Gone. I sprayed that bag until dead ants lay in black clumps. I raked everything out of that section of the cabinet as fast as I could and sprayed the shelf. Dead ants littered the battlefield, having fallen prey to my all-powerful secret biological weapon of mass destruction.

And then I squatted on the floor and mourned the untimely death of the potato chips. Also, I may add, they were Rippled. And they were Ranch. Oh, how I mourned their sad demise.

So I will end this cheerful post by repeating, just in case you had not gotten the gist of my earlier comments:

I DON'T LIKE ANTS!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you so much for the good, good laugh. I really needed it this morning.

I wanted to stop by and thank you so much for all your prayers during this time for my husband, our family and myself. They were so thoughtful of you and so very much appreciated by us all. love you and may God bless you. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with ants! Have you tried putting out the little plastic ant killers that they sell at the store? We have always found that to work great. I guess the ant’s take the poison back to the “nest” and feed the queen, then the whole population from that ant colony will die out.

I personally find ants to be quite fascinating. That is if they are outside!! :) Though I do think the little sugar ants are cute! lol!! It’s so amazing that they will work so hard gathering food without “overseer or ruler” Proverbs 6:6-8 and the Bible also calls them “exceeding wise” in Proverbs 30:24-25 There are lessons to be learned from the little ant! I hope they will stay out of your house from now on though! :)

Anonymous said...

That was way too funny!! I am sorry about your ant problem, but you post about them in a funny way lol :) especially about the chips, I too would morn the loss of such great tasting chips lol

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I can feel your pain and disgust! Truly. That is aweful!
May you not suffer long term mental anguish!
Hugs! Katie

Anonymous said...

Have you tried to say "God made them, so I'll appreciate 'em."? But I do see where your coming from.