Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Stills -- Feathers, Fins, and Fur

Today's Sunday Stills challenge is Feathers, Fins, and Fur. Woohoo, I got all three!!! :)

Feathers -- isn't this a cool formation? Too bad I didn't get it closer up. This was one of those "Oh look at that -- point and click" moments (and all things considered, it came out pretty good!).


Proud Mr. Seagull.


I love the colors on this fella.

Flamingos are so elegant! (or, if you watch the old Beverly Hillbillies show, they're just tall pink chickens)

Now to the fins. This guy doesn't look too friendly, does he?

This (below) is a shark, if you can't tell. I've been waiting to post these for quite a while, I have many others too. We went to an aquarium not long ago and I took photos galore. Unfortunately, it wasn't until about halfway through that I figured out the correct light setting :( So a lot of them didn't turn out too well. Anyway...

Here are some exotic-looking fins. Pretty, isn't he?

Look at all the colors!!

I found Nemo! Oh wait...wrong fish.
I know these aren't exactly fins, but I find jellyfish extremely fascinating.

This is a Leafy Seahorse. The Aquarium of the Pacific was the first to successfully breed these guys in captivity. Again, not exactly fins, but still water critters.

OK, now on to the fur. Here's some exotic fur. It's not everybody who sees a live Panda bear snoozing. This was at the San Diego Zoo, back in 2007.

Here's somebody else who has quite a bit of fur. Who can it be? Why, the Casey-dog, of course! :)

Sweet Skeeter. She was snoozing so peacefully, so I decided to photograph her cuteness.

But as I used different angles and the light repeatedly flashed in her face, she got fed up and decided she was done!!!

Well folks, that's all I got for you today. But check out the other Sunday Stills!

6 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Lovely bird (feathers) photos and awesome fins! Precious fur ones especially the cat covering the face. Mine does that too!

Ed said...

Great collection of shots, especially the fish pics, well done..:-)

Anonymous said...

WOW! You hit the jackpot, and definitely had the most "fin" shots. Nice job. :)

Anonymous said...

okay you nailed the fins photos!! :D they are great

Becky said...

Wow, these are really good. GREAT PHOTOS! Love you!

TO BECOME said...

I loved all your pictures, the bright happy colors made my eyes so glad.

I wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING.You have been a very special blessing in my life. love you, Grandma Connie