Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Stills -- Currency

Today’s Sunday Stills challenge is ‘Currency’ – and he advised us to ‘be creative’. Well, I don’t know what everybody else is doing for this challenge, but I decided to take him up on that and be creative. So folks, here we go.

Now, I’m sure I’ve mentioned on this blog somewhere before about my coin collections...anyway, you’re in for a treat. You see this?It's my desk in my bedroom. Yes, it's yellow. No, that's not what you're looking at. You're looking at the two coin collections. Right in the middle, on the right of the bullet collection and behind the rock collection. Yeah there.

OK, the top collection is my odd/strange/rare coin collection (the adjectives refer to the coins, NOT the collection. Comprende?). The bottom is my smushed pennies, but we'll get to that in a minute. Let's start with the odd/strange/rare coins.

An Indian rupee. (Indian as in East Indies, not as in feathers and warpaint. You know what I mean. Oh, and if you're a Native American reading this...eh, no offense. *grin*)


Here's a peso. (Un peso, I should say)
A 1925 Wheat Penny.

A Canadian cent. I love the leaves, aren't they pretty?

This is a New Zealand coin. I guess it's worth 5...something. I'm not quite sure what.

This...well, I have no idea what it is. Anybody have any idea?

Neither do I have any idea what this is. Ed says it's Saudi Arabian. Thanks Ed!

Nor this, although it's the same as the previous, except that it's worth 10 instead of 50. It has the same picture on the back so I didn't photograph the back of it.

Not to be anticlimactic, but there's nothing odd or different about this coin except that it's an extremely rusted nickel and I thought it looked interesting.

OK, now for the smushed pennies! If you know me personally, you may already know that anytime I go somewhere special, I get a smushed penny for a souvenir. It's small, inexpensive, fits easily in a suitcase (or a pocket, for that matter)...in short, the perfect souvenir. I'm getting to have quite a collection of the little things.
Tombstone, AZ. Boot Hill. Back in 2004.

Cabela's in Glendale, AZ. It's a sporting goods store. I believe that was 2007.
San Diego Zoo, CA. Also 2007.

St. Augustine, FL. It bears a representation of Ponce de Leon. Got that in 2008.
Knott's Berry Farm, CA. Another 2008.
Two from Longhorn Cavern in TX last July.

Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach, CA. Last September.
Finally, last but not least, my mother and I have been collecting the state quarters. We're still missing about 5 or 6 out of the 50, but here's what we got so far:

Close-up view.

Well, folks, you now have the inside view of Rebekah's coin collections. Would you like me to post a photo sometime of the bullet collection too? Y'all know I already got rid of the candy wrapper collection, and other than that, the bullets, birds' nests, and dead bugs are the only other collections I have...and I have a feeling several of my feminine readers would prefer I did not post photos of my dead bug collection. *wink*
Mosey on over to Sunday Stills, though, and see everybody else's Currency posts! :)

9 comments:

flowerweaver said...

Nice collection! Longhorn Caverns is in the hill country where I live, although still 2-1/2 hours away. I'm fascinated by insects, so your collection wouldn't scare this country girl away.

Holly said...

great job!

VioletSky said...

So, you are a collector?!!!
I didn't know about these smushed pennies. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

Great collections, nice job. :)

Ed said...

Very cool!!! A fellow coin collector. The first one you can't identify may be from eastern europe, but the second is deffinatly Saudi Arabian..:-))

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Great coin collection. I'm diggin' the Saudi Arabian coins actually. Very unique.
I was giggling that you got a souvenir penny from Cabela's though! lol!
I should have posted our state quarters collection. I have 3, one for each of my kidlets. hehe!

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

is that marjiana on the canadian coin? lol :)

LeAnna said...

Wow, you have some awesome coins!!!

Becky said...

SO COOL! I used to collect quarters and canadian coins. Its been awhile though. LOVE YOU!