Today's Sunday Stills challenge is Food...to which I said, "Yeehaw!!!" You see, I have an odd habit of photographing what I eat. Yeah I know, some people think it is very strange, but it's just one of those things. Anyway... :) These are all from the archives of 2009, and they all have stories behind them.
January. My birthday, at Claim Jumper restaurant, with my parents. Steak, mashed potatoes, etc. Mmmm.

July. Texas. Sonic with my Aunt M.

September. California -- Long Beach, to be specific. We had gone out as a family to see the Aquarium of the Pacific, but first we had breakfast at a restaurant called Bake N Broil, a place very special to my parents. This was blueberry pancakes -- and to the side you can see the hash browns!! :)
October. Arizona. Bread made by my Lebanese grandmother.

October. Arizona. Meal made by my Lebanese grandmother and aunt. I don't know the spellings of the names of these foods, so forgive me if I spell them wrong. Kibbe, a meat dish, with leban, a kind of yogurt-like sauce. A kind of rice, I don't know its name. And stuffed eggplant, I don't think it has a special name. Let me tell you, I could eat this stuff ALL.DAY.LONG. Yummmmmm.

Also October. Arizona. My favorite restaurant in Phoenix, called The Chino Bandito -- it's a mix between Asian and Mexican. I know, it sounds kind of weird, but it's actually really, really good! This is my favorite thing there, Pork Carnitas on rice. This, obviously, is a closeup of the dish, including the chopsticks!!

October. California -- home. My mama made a special treat one morning, a real country-style breakfast of eggs, bacon, and biscuits (with orange juice). Ohh my oh my. Soooooooo good.

That's all for now!
...you can wipe that drool off your chin now... ;)
January. My birthday, at Claim Jumper restaurant, with my parents. Steak, mashed potatoes, etc. Mmmm.
July. Texas. Sonic with my Aunt M.
September. California -- Long Beach, to be specific. We had gone out as a family to see the Aquarium of the Pacific, but first we had breakfast at a restaurant called Bake N Broil, a place very special to my parents. This was blueberry pancakes -- and to the side you can see the hash browns!! :)
October. Arizona. Bread made by my Lebanese grandmother.
October. Arizona. Meal made by my Lebanese grandmother and aunt. I don't know the spellings of the names of these foods, so forgive me if I spell them wrong. Kibbe, a meat dish, with leban, a kind of yogurt-like sauce. A kind of rice, I don't know its name. And stuffed eggplant, I don't think it has a special name. Let me tell you, I could eat this stuff ALL.DAY.LONG. Yummmmmm.
Also October. Arizona. My favorite restaurant in Phoenix, called The Chino Bandito -- it's a mix between Asian and Mexican. I know, it sounds kind of weird, but it's actually really, really good! This is my favorite thing there, Pork Carnitas on rice. This, obviously, is a closeup of the dish, including the chopsticks!!
October. California -- home. My mama made a special treat one morning, a real country-style breakfast of eggs, bacon, and biscuits (with orange juice). Ohh my oh my. Soooooooo good.
That's all for now!
...you can wipe that drool off your chin now... ;)

6 comments:
I love a good steak! great birthday meal! We love to go to a Chinese buffet every now and then. And you can't beat a good hamburger anytime!
http://picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com/
These are all the kinds of foods I love. I've never had Lebanese food, but I enjoy trying new foods and especially any ethnic foods. Yummo!
Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Your blog looks great. Very cute!
~Lisa
Mmmm, good! We had good ol' burgers and fries for lunch today and it just hit the spot. That lebanese food looked delish! I wonder if they call their bread "naan", like the Indians do?
Great shots, I miss Sonic, and the Lebanese bread looks delish..:-)
Officially hungry now. ;)
Looks DELISH!
I love trying foreign dishes. Don't happen to have the recipes for those... do ya?
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm, lol
Post a Comment