OK, I really don't feel too good. Actually, I feel better than I did at about 2:45ish today. I think I got hit by some kind of flu-type buggie. Not fun. I hate throwing up -- with a passion. I can deal with a lot of physical, um, issues...but throwing up is not on the list. I don't like it. Like, really don't like it. Like, really REALLY don't like it.
After which I had a popsicle and promptly fell asleep. Which was a good thing. I've been consistently getting 7 1/2 to 8 hours of sleep, but last night, what with the church New Years Eve party (of course we stayed up till midnight) and all that...well, I got about 6 hours of sleep last night. So I was really tired. And I slept...and slept...and slept.
So then I got up a little while ago, and I was hungry but my stomach can't decide whether or not it's still upset. I ate 6 saltine crackers, and another popsicle... And obviously now I'm on my computer :)
I figured as long as I was on here I'd better be useful. Below is my poem for this week's Simply Snickers. Oh and by the way, you may have noticed a few surveys on my sidebar. I'm trying to decide whether to switch from Internet Explorer to Firefox as my internet browser. Can y'all give me any feedback on which one you like better (or if you use something different and better than both of them)? Also, I have had some issues this week while using Firefox, it will not let me leave a comment on some people's blogs. So if you haven't heard from me in a little while, I'm not being rude or anything, I've honestly left several comments each on about 3 or 4 blogs and none of them show up :( I'll have to figure out what's going on, maybe there's a setting wrong or something. It's only blogs that have the comments embedded below the post that I'm having trouble with -- blogs that the comments are a popup or that go to a separate page for the comments are no problem. This is kinda frustrating, but one way or another we'll figure it out. :)
OK, so here's the poem. Copyright 2009 (I just gotta say that to make sure nobody would do something rude like steal it or anything like that -- I know y'all would never do that, but who knows who might find the blog and try to do something like that?) First are a few photos I found on the internet (no I did not take them), and I'm sure they're probably copyrighted somewhere too, I just don't know where. I would credit their source but I'm not even quite sure where they came from, so I can't do that. Forgive me.Wheatfield
Western sky a dusky pink
As slowly sets the summer sun
Amidst the wispy cloudy streaks
Another Kansas day is done
Stalks and stalks of waving wheat
Shimmer in the sunset glow
Proud the farmer’s heart now beats
Gazing o’er the golden flow
The hearty sun and gentle rain
Diligence, and the hand of God
Nurtured wheat on the open plain
Blanketing the gritty sod
The day is done, exhausted now
The farmer rests his aching bones
Wearied from the scythe and plow
And summer’s heat and winter’s cold
But first he stops to proudly stare
The wheat is waving in the breeze
His heart lifts up a simple prayer:
“Lord, help it grow, I ask Thee, please.”
The sun has set behind the wheat
The earth in stillness gently rests
Peacefully the farmer sleeps
His heart content, happy, blessed.
Copyright 2009 Rebekah N. Yeah, you know that already. But repetition is a good thing, even if it's redundant. :)
Well, that's all for now. I think maybe I'll go lay down or something. I wish this stomach would settle down. I'm actually pretty hungry, but I'm not sure I dare eat much for fear of...ehem...seeing it again. You know what I mean.
So I'll be back later. :)
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hope you are feeling better, be sure to drink lots of fluids if you can keep it down, you dont want to become dehydrated. Happy New Year!
Very lovely poem! Hope you're feeling better
Post a Comment