First of all, thank you all for voting on the photos below, by comment or email! If you haven't voted yet, there's still time -- I won't close voting for another week or so :) Yes, I will tell y'all which one I eventually choose, but since I haven't actually chosen yet, you don't get to know quite yet. Yes, I'm being evil -- any other questions?! *wink*
I will say that at the moment, as I am writing this, the current tally has photo #1 in the lead with 12 first pick votes, and #3 right behind with 10!! :)
Before I post any more (and don't forget, Sunday Stills soon), I wanted to get my Simply Snickers poem up. This week's prompts were linger, love, look. And this week's featured artist is Joan Walsh Anglund, author and illustrator of children's books. So this is what I came up with (copyright, etc., etc.)
Children's Storybooks
Little hands with little fingers
Turn the pages of little books
Little eyes so love to linger
Love to look, and look, and look
A butterfly, a firetruck
Three blind mice and a farmer’s wife
A boat, a bird, a rubber duck
On these pages, come to life
Words and pictures tell the tale
Of Humpty Dumpty’s tragic fall
Of the milkmaid’s upset pail
Of how the beanstalk grew so tall
Mother Goose’s rhyming pages
The diligence of Little Red Hen
Stories loved throughout the ages
To be read, and read, and read again
Copyright 2010, Rebekah N. :)
Ta ta for now!
...I always wanted to say that...
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Simply Snickers: Children's Storybooks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great!! LOL your so funny!!
This was wonderful!! Keep up the writing, I used to write a lot of poetry, and haven't in a long time...I really enjoy reading yours!
Post a Comment