...Kids listen. They really do.

Gertrude and me:

George and my mom:

So that's what my mom and I do in the Saturday Bible Blast. And my beautiful niece, Ariana? She's just plain cute!! And yes, that is an Auntie Bekah outfit!!

By the way, she's so close to walking!!! Yes, it's true! She has taken around a half-dozen steps, at various times, without holding onto anything. Aaaahhhhh!!! We're not really counting her as actually walking yet, because she can't really walk without holding onto something for balance, but she is so close!!
On to more random things. Such as.......my feet. I warned you this would be a random post.
How 'bout my head and upper body now?

Smile sweetly!!

Ready for a total topic change?
Recently I finally won victory over something that had been bugging me for awhile. Literally. It was pretty much like an OCD kind of thing for awhile. And when I say awhile, in this instance I mean basically 4 years. Yeah, it was quite a while. Do you know what it was?
This may shock some of you that don't know me very well, or that just never knew about this.
I collected candy wrappers.
I know -- weird, isn't it??!! But I was really pretty much OCD about it. I couldn't stand to throw away a.single.candy.wrapper. Ever. I would even get candy wrappers from my mom, my friends...
See this nice kitchen table?

Now look at it.

Yeah. It was pretty bad. That's 4 years worth of candy wrappers, probably about 95% of them mine, that I'd had been saving.

I had myself convinced that I was going to do something with them...something...anything... And actually, I did do a few things. I made a collage or two, I made some picture frames for family and friends...I did use a few of them. But nowhere near the amount that I had and continued to horde. I knew that I was never really going to do anything with them, but I couldn't stand to let them go. I was going through a lot of other issues in my life, and I don't know why I chose to hang onto them, but somehow I felt like I couldn't throw them away. Any of them. About 3 months ago, when we got our kitten, I had to move the collection, but did I throw them away? No. I bagged them up and kept them. But now, it was time for them to go.
Going...

...going...
...gone. Goodbye.

As a matter of fact, I had been doing the same thing with about 2 1/2 years worth of old catalogs, too...but those left about 2 months ago. So I am happy to report the victorty that Lord gave me over that area of my life!
Well, that about concludes this broadcast of Daddy's Girl Network's Random Post. Tomorrow we will be airing the July edition of Rebekah's Picturesque Guessing Game, so stay tune -- don't touch that dial! Goodbye till then! ;)

6 comments:
Well we had a WONDERFUL time with my grandparents...and its ok that you hadnt replyed yet..I understand!!!!
~Morgan~
HA HA!!! I love your computer names!!! :D Made me laugh. I had fun deciding what I wanted. :D But I could not get by Adaline. It was just...the name!!! :D :D
Have a great night!
Amy
That was a really cute post. But the thing that tickled me was the picture of your feet, you didn't even say anything about them, just a picture :)
My son Jonathan had the same kind of thing with coke bottle lids. He collected over two hundred. Four of them came from an Uncle who got them from China. But he has now passed them onto his younger brother who uses them like building blocks.
Have a great Sunday.
Mmmmmmm. Hershey chocolate. Hey, I used to collect candy wrappers too.
Four years worth of candy bars, I wish we could have seen your creativity in making something with it.
I forgot to say the picture of you standing next to the flowers is such a great picture of you!!!!
Post a Comment