O.K., to continue. The dermatologist (I wonder if that's the correct spelling?) appointment went pretty well, but not as expected. I had two moles (at least, I thought that's what they were -- the Dr. had some pretty interesting names for them, names I won't even try to pronounce) that we had her look at. The bigger one was on my back, has been there for many, many years -- since I was very small. She took both off for a 'biopsy' -- basically she took them off and they'll be tested now to make sure they're not, you know, malignant or something. The other one had been irritated recently, had seemingly dried up and part had fallen off, so they took a biopsy of that one too.
She was the same doctor that we've been going to for the acne that I've had since I was, like, 7 or so. My mom did not want me to have antibiotics for it, and she cooperated with us, prescribing instead several topical creams and lotions to apply at different times and for different reasons. As a result, my acne is almost completely cleared up. Thank You, Lord!
Tonight is the Christmas potluck and play for a group we belong to. I am one of the three Marys (I wonder if you would say Marys or Maries...interesting thought), it just depends on what scene it is as to which Mary you see. One girl is Mary in the scene where the angel visits her -- and in that same scene, I read the Magnificat. I'm in two other scenes, the one where the shepherds visit Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus, and the other where the Wise Men visit, but there's a different Mary for the scene where she and Joseph can't find room in an inn and have to have Jesus in a stable. The funniest part is that there's only one Joseph!
Oh, and Tuesday night I made cookies! For those of you who don't know me very well, let me explain that this is a rare occurence -- me baking/cooking anything. Part of the reason for that is that I am somewhat cooking-dyslexic -- I can follow a recipe pretty well, but if the directions are the type that Moms usually use -- i.e., a pinch of this, about a cup or so of that, enough of this to make it be the right consistency, that sort of thing -- I am not very good at following such directions. I like directions to be very exact and precise -- 1 cup this, 2 tablespoons that, 3 eggs, etc. The other reason is that I don't really enjoy cooking/baking usually, especially if it's something that I don't like to eat (like frozen mixed vegetables -- my dad likes them, I want to throw up just by smelling them). But in spite of all this, I made oatmeal butterscotch cookies, and I have proof:

They were delicious -- my dad took them to work with him and they were eaten all up. And, for once, I actually enjoyed baking them. Part of that is because I firmly believe in the Biblical principle laid out very clearly in 1 Timothy 5:18 "For the Scripture says,' YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE OX WHILE HE IS THRESHING', and 'THE LABORER IS WORTHY OF HIS WAGES.'" In other words, the dough might have yielded one or two more cookies than it did if I'd had tape across my mouth. You catch my drift?
Well, I need to sign off for now, but I will continue later.
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Everything Else -- Part 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I enjoyed hearing what you've been up to! Yum! Those sound like delicious cookies!
Keep up the good work peon!
Her Highness ;)
I will be praying that the tests will come back with good news.
Bekah!! Great job on those cookies girl...you sound like me when it comes to baking. I def. need an exact recipe *laughing* and some tape on my mouth. I just LOVE the pic of you mixing it all up...I just wanna jump in there and give you a big ole hug and tell you how proud I am of you. I am truly enjoying your blog-it is so well written and I just love hearing about what you are up to. (I will be praying about the biopsy results) (((hug))) Miss Heather
Those cookies sound and look really yummy! It sounds like you have been staying pretty busy. :)
Post a Comment