Well, as not much fantastically exciting is happening around here, I don't really have much to say but a few odds and ends. So here goes.
My good friend Miss Ashleigh from Heart and Home is, along with her husband and their little son Troy, celebrating their own Tiny Blessing, the birth of their second son, Merritt Will.
For anyone who noticed my earlier comments concerning sign language, I thought I'd elaborate a bit. I'm taking a community college course in Sign Language 1, and we just finished Unit 5 of the 6-unit course. Unit 5 included a lot of interesting words, mostly time references (now, tomorrow, before, yesterday, future, etc.) and family/romance words (boyfriend, fall-in-love, marriage, daughter, nephew, etc.).
In the last post, Getting to Know Me..., I mentioned in passing that one of my life goals is to take the steps to become independently wealthy, financially free, and said that I would say more about that later. O.K., it's later. As part of my continued schoolwork I am taking a finance class, in which I have read Rich Dad Poor Dad, for Teens and Rich Dad Poor Dad, and am currently reading The Cashflow Quadrant. While not all of Robert T. Kiyosaki's philosophy and directions line up exactly with what the Christian is instructed by God to do, most of it does, and most of it is very good instruction. You simply must think through everything and be discerning. I did not come to this decision, despite reading these books, until a few days ago when I was sitting at our family dinner table listening to my dad talking to my mom. As he is the sole supporter of our family, a lot of responsibility is on him to provide for us. He does not really like his job, and does not dare do anything about it, for the fear that if he does, he will lose it and his family will not eat. I listened to his frustration and his fear, and decided that I do not want to be stuck in that rut while single, nor do I want my family to be stuck in that rut when/if I do marry.
Well, not much else terribly exciting is happening, at least not until the weekend, and I have some things I must get done before then, so I will wish you all a happy Thursday!
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Just Odds and Ends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh I have read that book too!
Good stuff. I have dreamed of becoming independently wealthy myself and staying out of the rat race are far off as possible! I kept falling short of the practical application. You know, where to begin! Let me know how it goes and if you have any ideas let me know!
Post a Comment