Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Monday, November 19, 2007

How to Get a Picture on Your Profile

This post is mainly for Natalie, but I hope it might help other folks too. Let me begin by saying that some folks just have another website host a pic for them. As I have never used such a service, I cannot offer advice or instructions on that method, but I'm sure plenty of folks can. I will simply tell you the easiest way I have found, and that is to have Blogger host your pic by posting it on your blog first. Once the post with your picture in it is successfully posted, go back and edit it, and go into the 'edit HTML' command. Look at the HTML of your picture, and figure out where the pictures are in it (hint: find the brackets around a bunch of seeming gibberish).

Copy the URL of your picture, the SECOND ONE (the one inside the 'img' brackets), inside the quotes, with the http and everything, like this: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgqkPX9PPCfwAyX3gCqJwaidF-ZzXZ8WpKgUGSbSqThLi4lhC9At5yziHSdZC5qXKtJe7JjJ5DuSen1U7_1k342TbWinFeHV-rmiFplxh3h7vJTcy0cUPW1_ONqeVX12tn9AOB40TGI86pc/s400/PicsForJoy10N.jpg Now that you have that copied (you might want to either do this in a separate window, or at least paste it into WordPad or Word or something like that), go into your profile and click edit. Once inside the profile, scroll down to where it says Photograph and has a space for an URL, and paste this in there. Save it. That's what worked for me, as long as you make sure it is the *SECOND* URL, and it includes everything inside those quotes.

Hope it works for you. In case you were wondering, I actually discovered this from Blogger Help, but they weren't quite as detailed and it took me several times. I hope this is helpful for y'all!

No comments: