Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Tiny Blessing

It is with great joy and gladness, and praising God, that I announce to you that ARIANA MICHELLE was born at 6:03 this morning, 19 1/2 inches long, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz. For those of you who don't know who she is, she is the newborn daughter of our pastor and his wife. As all their family is across the country, we get to play 'relatives'. We have said for a long time that Pastor Daniel and Miss Melonee are like my big brother and sister. My mom gets to play grandma. And me, well, I'm the aunt. So as a proud aunt, I'm going to show you a bunch of pictures.

Staring on the top, the first is the hospital picture. The second is Ariana in her proud Daddy's lap. Next is me holding her when she was only eight hours old, and the last is my mom and her.

And now I'll include a video her daddy took of her when she was only a few minutes old:







Ariana is Greek for 'most holy one', and Michelle, the femine of Michael, is Hebrew for 'who is like the Lord?'. Every finger and toe, even fingernails and toenails, she's perfect. Complete. I think it's the first time I've ever held an 8-hour-old baby, and it was an amazing experience.





For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139: 13-14

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a little sweetie! Congratulations Auntie! ;)

Anonymous said...

oh my, she is so beautiful!!!! New born babies are so precious... I got to hold my niece a mere couple hours after birth, and in fact, got to snuggle her in my arms all night until she needed to eat (she was born in the wee hours of the morning).....FOND memories. :)