My first bit of news is that Sally appears to be dead. The other day I noticed her simply sitting on the bottom of her jar, and by Monday morning her legs were curled in and she did not move or react when I jostled the jar, causing her to flop around. She has been like that ever since. I do hope it was nothing I did...I know she didn't starve to death, because she could've munched on that cricket. I don't know what happened. At any rate, when we're completely sure she's dead, and that she doesn't have a bunch of spider babies just waiting to make an appearance, she will enter my famed dead bug collection.
The other bit of news is that this morning I did my first Deaf Event for my American Sign Language class. Three classmates and I met at a nearby mall to talk, drink lemonade, and window-shop. We're only halfway through our SL1 class, so we have a very limited vocabulary and found ourselves glad that one of us had brought along a laptop. We did not talk, except for a tiny word here and there, but if we wanted to say a complicated sentence with a lot of words that we didn't know, we'd use his laptop to write the sentence out. For the most part, though, we used our vocabulary or fingerspelled. So now I have to write a report on the Event, and take care of some other necessary educational projects, so that's pretty much all for now.
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Sally and Signing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello Rebekah, nice of you to drop by my little blog.
I love sign language and I teach it to my children.
I'm so happy to meat you and hope you come back to my blog again.
Post a Comment