Happy Easter to you all!
First, let me mention that I am beginning to participate in the Sunday Stills photography challenge, and therefore will probably be posting photographs for said challenge nearly every week. This week's theme is: The Color Red.
Of course, the color red seems to go in real well with the Easter holiday today, since it reminds us of the blood that Jesus shed for us...and that in turn reminds us of His resurrection -- He's no longer dead! Hallelujah!
However, as I do not want to post a photo of blood, nor have I ever taken such a photo, I will stick to red flowers. Boring, I know, but I'll try to do better from now on.
I will leave you with these inspiring words by Julia Bettencourt, and then the red photos:
- The Resurrection Was Decisive. Christ definitely rose again. I don't have to wonder about it. I don't have to worry that well, maybe he didn't. He did. I know that from God's Word and I believe it. And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye:for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is nothere: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. Matthew 28:5,6
- The Resurrection Means I Have A Living God. If Christ rose, that surely means He's alive. Wow! To me, that's something to be excited about. I can remember when I was little and one of my Sunday School teachers talking about the idols in Psalms where it says that " They have mouths, but they speak not'; eyes have they, but they see not ". I can still hear my teacher saying those words. I don't know why but that had a big impact on me and it still does. When I have days that I think nothing can be done about something, it's then I remember, I have a God that sees all and knows all. He knows what's going on. My God is alive! The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not; They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths. They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trusteth in them. Psalm 135:15-18
- The Resurrection Was For Me. If there was death for Christ and a resurrection, I have to look into what happened before that. What kind of death did he have? He suffered for me. The road to Calvary, the cross, and all Christ endured was for me. It was for my sin that He died. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. Isaiah 53:5-7
- The Resurrection Gives Me Hope. We are all going to die in this life but because of the resurrection, I have the promise of eternal life. I'm not stuck with just dying. My death, no matter when it comes and whether it is quick or slow, will only lead to a new body and life with Christ. But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 1 Thessalonians 4:13,14
- The Resurrection Reminds Me Who I Know. The "celebrity" of this world really makes me laugh. It seems everyone is always chasing celebrities. Having celebrity status doesn't always mean something good either. If you make a news flash, wow, you're famous--at least for a few moments anyway. Right now we have people chasing the girl that had the octuplets all over. Cameras everywhere. I think about how Lady Diana was hounded by the press. It's a fact. When something's going on or happens out of the ordinary, people want to see it. The resurrection was something way out of the ordinary and what's amazing is that I know on a personal level the One Who resurrected. I know a powerful God. Because I've accepted Him, I know Him and can speak to Him through prayer on a daily basis. I know the Lord of the Universe. One day I'm going to meet Him face to face. Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: Romans 1:3-4
- The Resurrection Gives Me Joy! The resurrection gives me joy because I know through it my life can mean something. I don't have to have a shallow happiness in my life. I can have that inner joy that only comes from Christ. I think a big part of my joy does come through the fact of the resurrection. There's so much comfort and peace to know that in the end there's eternal life with Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season if need be ye are in heaviness, through manifold temptations: 1 Peter 1:3-6

13 comments:
Beautiful post as well as stunning flowers.
Cool Photos... I love the macro stuff. Welcome to Sunday Stills!
Wow you take some amazing photographs!!! Great job! Welcome to the Sunday Stills!!
Stunning flowers!
Happy Easter~
Gorgeous flowers!
Beautiful shots of the flowers! Welcome to Sunday Stills! :)
A happy and blessed Easter to you, and you did great on the Sunday Stills!
Beautiful flowers! Welcome to Sunday Stills.
~Lisa
Lovely post and lovely pictures! Welcome to the group!
Very lovely! Looking forward to seeing you next week!
Beautiful flowers - welcome!
That was a very beautiful post and most appropriate...lovely photos to top it off...welcome!
Great post kiddo! Wonderful things to think about.
Love ya!
Post a Comment