Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another totally random post...

Yeah, I know -- I'm really overdue for one of these...so, how've y'all been???

Thought I'd let y'all know what I've been up to lately...

Well, obviously what’s taking up most of my time is studying, studying, and more studying…but hey, it’s paying off! I got an A on my first English essay! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! It was a narrative essay, about a life-changing event, one that made me grow and change into the person I am now… It was interesting to write, to recall my incident, but now I see that I let myself in for more than I was planning on…because the second essay I had to write about the process of writing my first one…and the third essay that I am working on this week is a cause-and-effect essay about the incident or the change that I wrote about in my first one… I thought I’d be done with that topic by now, but it looks like I’ll have to keep working on it! :)

As for my photography class, well, that’s pretty much the highlight of this semester… We’ve already gotten through the basics of the camera designs (we’re using 35mm SLR, by the way), developing film, and printing contact sheets. Yesterday we started in on really printing the actual photos. I had about 4 hours and got 3 photos done. The first took me about an hour and a half, the second took about an hour 45 minutes, and the last took me maybe 15-20 minutes. And here they are, in that order:






My theme on this first assignment is fences, so I have been taking a lot of photos of fences and walls and hedges and such. I will try to post some of those photos as I do them. These photos that I scanned in are not anywhere near as nice of quality as they are actually on paper, but you get the general idea. They took me so long because I don’t have enough experience yet to know how to use the contrast and exposure while printing to get the best result…so every time I printed a test strip I’d go and confer with the instructer to see what he thinks I should do with it…and they turned out really nice, or at least I think so…

Well, I promised somebody awhile ago that I would post photos of this cake, so here they are:

the frosting



the first cake layer


the finished cake


the cut cake (and yes, that is my brother-in-law’s elbow in the background *lol*)



It was the first layered cake I’d ever done, so it was kind of a big step for me. But it turned out really good… So good, in fact, that my dad, who generally does not care for cake, took a bite of my mom’s slice, then cut a piece for himself! He has told me to either never bake that cake again, or hide it as soon as it’s baked, because he doesn’t want to ever see it again because he likes it so much! Coming from my dad, that’s quite a compliment…


So what else is new with me? Well, not too much…there was a moldy pancake in the fridge the other day, and of course I had to take a photo of it…don’t ask me why, it’s just a weird thing I have where I have to post the strangest things… in case you were wondering, the pancake got hidden under some stuff and we all forgot it was there until I was getting something out and said, "Ewww, look at the moldy pancake! I have to take a photo of it and put it on my blog…" or something like that…


And I took a photo of my mom the other day, but then again, she’s not one of those strange things, so I probably shouldn’t post it right after the moldy pancake…sorry, Mom…


The people who have voted on my poll (up at the top of my sidebar, in case you hadn’t noticed) say they want me to post more regularly…about all of the above…but maybe they didn’t mean about moldy pancakes…
Isn’t this a nice photo of a lion? No, I didn’t take it (wish I did! Lol), but don’t ask me where I got it, because I have no clue…I think my dad handed it to me once…



Well, I think this random rambling post is about at an end…but before I finish for now, I want to announce that in less than a month, my beautiful niece will be a whole year old!!!!! :) Yay for Ariana!!!


P.S. I intend to post soon about beans…now there’s something to look forward too! lol :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bekah,

Great job on the photos....The cake looks delicious...The pancake grossed me out a bit...Your mom is very pretty and I love her eyes in the photo they look SO blue....My favorite eye color is blue...

~Morgan~

Anonymous said...

Its always fun hearing what you're up too! :)

Have a LOVELY day! Kate

Anonymous said...

Hey you Finally posted YEAH that is a good thing.
Great pics you are doing a WONDERFUL job.
And the A in english HOORAY!!!
Talk to ya later.
Love Dianne.

Anonymous said...

Your photos look so good!! I really think I need to take a photography class; I'm totally ignorant of even the most basic concepts - I can set the flash and push the shutter button, and that's about it! :)

Anonymous said...

lol that was a fun post to read. I like your random posts :)