while researching the latest speech, I came across a couple articles on Cowboy Churches...
Anyway, one of the articles included this:
The Ten Commandments are posted in a little sign on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Fairlie, Texas. But all the "shalt" and "shalt not" biblical dictates are delivered with a cowboy twang:
• Just one God.
• Honor yer Ma & Pa.
• No telling tales or gossipin'.
• Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
• Put nothin' before God.
• No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
• No killin'.
• Watch yer mouth.
• Don't take what ain't yers.
• Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff.
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Say Howdy to God's Rules
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ha Ha that is hilarious!!
Hey Becka,
I am looking foward to getting to meet you next month. The Misners talk about you all the time. I know we are going to have a great time at our evening of memories. Your blog is cute. You did a good job decorating it.
Bye,
Becky
Becky, it's a pleasure to hear from you! I have been wanting to meet you ever since the Misners first told me of a nice family they met down in TX. Used to be when I called them I'd have to ask what about the G family...now I hear all about you all the time! :) I am really, really looking forward to meeting all of you, I feel like we're friends already -- any friends of the Misners are friends of mine!! I'm looking forward to the night of memories -- did the girls tell you about my dress?? Also, I was relieved to hear that we're not wearing shoes -- saves me the time and expense of searching for shoes last minute to go with that dress. Anyway, hope y'all have a good time in San Antonio, and I'm looking forward to meeting you in 21 days!! :D
No they didn't tell me about the dress...but I would love to hear about it!!!! Can't wait to meet you!! Not too much farther away!! =) Bye!
Post a Comment