Shopping Spree -- yes I did! For those of you who actually know me, and know what a tightwad I usually am, you will be shocked to hear that I actually spent $26.67! And all in one store! But only $1.67 of it was my money, so I don't feel too bad about it.
Let me back up a little. In my American Sign Language 2 class this past spring, there was an elderly lady whom I helped, sort of tutored, throughout the semester, because she really needed some help. Her ASL1 teacher had hardly taught them anything, so they had to re-learn almost everything. As y'all know, my grandma went to be with Jesus this past January (and her birthday is coming up, at which point I intend to do a memorial post for her), and this lady, Laura S., became like a grandma to me. As a matter of fact, I adopted her (I now call her my Nana Lauda, because in Italian -- she's very Italian, by the way -- Laura is pronounced Lauda) as my grandma, and she adopted me as her granddaughter (she doesn't have any grandkids). Anyway, at the end of the semester, she surprised me with a MasterCard gift card to say thanks for all the help I'd given her. And of course I had to take it, because when I tried to tell her she shouldn't of and didn't need to...well, she just told me that now she was a nana and nanas get to do things like that. The gift card had $25 on it.
So I thought about it for about a week (I always think about spending money for quite awhile before I do it, as you might know), and here's what I got (let's hear three cheers for WalMart!):
I had known for awhile that I needed to get some sunglasses, because I've been doing a lot of squinting (all that sidewalk and asphalt around here reflects the sun pretty bad), so I found a nice pair for $10:
And I just recently started carrying a purse (which is a whole 'nother post, folks), and I knew I needed a different wallet (I had been using a purse that had been given to me years and years ago, but I didn't have a suitable wallet, so I had been borrowing a hipfold of my dad's), and I found a cute, suitable one for $7:
I had also known for awhile that I wanted a different purse than that one I had been carrying, that had been given to me years and years ago, but I hadn't really been planning to buy one that day...that is, until I saw this:
I was in love. So I didn't really feel guilty about spending that much money, because I had thought everything through and they were stuff I really wanted and would use. And it sure was nice just to spend a little money for fun, for once...especially since it wasn't really coming out of my pocket. So yes, folks, I did a shopping spree.
Now for the random parts. Here's a public announcement:
Now hear this...now hear this...
The month of June is an extremely busy month for Rebekah. Please forgive her if she does not post more than two or three times in the month. She is nearly constantly doing something. If she does not visit your blog very often, it is nothing personal...she is simply extremely busy. Please do not take offence at this. She will be back to normal as soon as possible.
Thank you.
Seriously, my schedule is extremely full this month. I am taking an Interior Design class at the college, which meets twice a week, four hours per day. I am tutoring two different students, one for an 1 1/2 hour, twice a week, and the other for 1 hr 15 mins, twice a week. Add that to my usually busy life, and you get, well, busier.
I'm running out of time, so I will have to post the other random things later on. See you then!

1 comment:
AAAAAAAHHHHHH you spent MONEY. Cool me and loi got a hold of some money and well I spent about a three days trying to figure what I was going to bye you know me.
WOW the purse is sooooo cute I love it. The sunglasses VERY YOU. and the wallet BUSINESS, but TRENDY in its own way it reflects you.
You HAVE HAVE HAVE to call me when you get a chance cause me and loi were talking and You know us we have something or the other up our sleeves LOVE YOU LOTS LOTS Kryssy.
Post a Comment