Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandma

On June 16th, 1933, a little girl was born


to Selma and Frank Habegger.



They named her Virginia Ellen.


The little girl grew…

and grew.

She became a nurse in 1953.

She married Gene S. on October 3rd, 1953.

Together they raised 4 children: Jan, Steve, Jill, and Kim.

Years later, Kim married Mike, and a few years after that, I came along.

In 2003, Virginia and Gene celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.

My grandma was beautiful, sweet, funny; she was devoted to her Lord; she had a servant’s heart; she sang and helped and organized and served and loved…and was loved.

I love you, Grandma. I miss you. I’ll see you soon.



CHECK OUT:
the blog consisting of entries from the diary my grandma had when she was 11 years old.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca,
You did a very lovely job. I especially love the picture with her wearing the wig. Give your family my love.

Your Cousin,
Helen

Anonymous said...

Hey I AM COUNTING ON YOU!!!!!!!!!
I need help finding a name for my horse HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are a beautiful remembrance; from her beautiful heart came joy and laughter and love, and you can see it twinkling in her eyes. The joy of the Lord was her strength and her presence was a blessing to many.
You had a wonderful, worshipful, and sometimes whimsical grandmother, and we loved her too.
Cousin Sandy

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

What a truly, beautiful tribute to your Grandma. I know she is very happy. I loved looking at the picture of these people who mean so much to you. Thank you for letting me take a peak. connie from texas

Anonymous said...

That was very sweet, and it made me cry. Your Grandma is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing the pictures and memories! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely just lovely (((hug)))

Anonymous said...

What great pictures!!!! That is so special to have all those memories!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post - I had a wonderful Grandma too! Such sweet memories.

Blessings Friend!