Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Nonsense

Really. And if you don't want to read it, I totally understand. I know who you are, and I will find you.

Just kidding.

Really.

Seriously, I really think it's amazing all the new friends I've made because of blogger. It's always so neat to log on and see comments! Somebody really does like what I say! It really is a great ego booster...as if a human being, created with the biggest ego and me-firstness that God ever put into any of His creation, seriously needed an ego booster. And, of course, if there are no comments, it's such a sad, dreary day. O.K., I need to get a life. I warned you this post was about nonsense...I didn't force you to read it, and you can't say I didn't warn you!

This afternoon we had a church picnic/barbeque at the park, following after door-to-door. We passed out little tracts with the Gospel message, as well as postcards announcing our Easter services. There are some Saturdays when we actually go witnessing door-to-door, but every other Saturday we just pass out flyers.

My dad actually got kicked out of the apartment complex that we were in, though. We split up to put the flyers on people's doors, and when we were done and we came together again, he wasn't there. We couldn't find him anywhere. We later found out that a lady had called the manager, and the manager came and told my dad that he couldn't hand out flyers. So Dad, undaunted, just crossed the street to the apartments over there, and kept on working. None of the rest of us were bothered by anybody, except that I kept finding Jehovah's Witnesses flyers, and sometimes I saw the lady that was putting those out. I was strongly tempted to take all the flyers and put them in my pocket so that nobody would see them. Yet somehow I wasn't sure whether or not that was actually wrong, so I prayed, and I ended up just taking them down and putting them on the ground, and putting ours on the doors. A lot of them were on the ground anyway; I didn't want to just put ours on top, because then somebody might think that they had all been placed there together and that therefore there was no difference between Christianity and Jehovah's Witness. So I just put theirs on the ground, and I think that might have been the best thing to do. I was told later by somebody else that I should've just taken them, but somehow I didn't feel like that was right to do, like maybe it was stealing or something. I don't know, it just didn't feel right to me, so I didn't do it.

So then we all went over to the park and Pastor Daniel grilled hamburgers, and the ladies put out chips and buns and such, and then after the burgers we had ice cream and brownies. Because, of course, as everybody knows, there just couldn't be a Christian, Baptist, fellowship without food. It's just completely impossible. And we threw a football, and a frisbee (not together, of course, at different times), and just hung out. I got to have my beautiful niece to myself for awhile, and let her sit in the grass and play. She's five months old now, the prettiest little girl that was ever born (of course, I'm not biased at all, am I?). What's more, would you believe that at five months old, she can already sit up? Let me be specific: she cannot pull herself up to a seated position, but she can, once she is placed in a seated position, hold herself there. It's really amazing. Again, I'm not biased, am I??!! But really, I haven't seen other babies at that age keeping themselves upright. And she's walking -- she really is! If you support her, and kind of lean her back and forth, and sometimes even if you don't lean her, she will pick one foot up and put it down in front of the other, and then do the same on the other side, and just keep going for as long as you let her! Oh, I so enjoy being an auntie...and I can't wait until I'm actually a happy little mama!

So tomorrow is Resurrection Sunday. I love to call it Resurrection Sunday instead of Easter, because too much now, Easter is connected with eggs, candy, and cute little bunny rabbits and chickies. Of course, that's not to say that all these things have their place (particularly the candy, and its proper place is in my mouth! O.K., think diet...diet...diet), but it's truly sad how they have become connected with the day that celebrates what our Savior did for us. So, let's do this:

I say: "He is risen!"

And you say: "He is risen indeed!"

Ready?

He is risen!

And you say:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I ended up just taking them down and putting them on the ground, and putting ours on the doors"
_________________________________

Good for you Rebekah! I would have done the same. Getting the truth out is very important. And your right, a Baptist Fellowship without food would be strange indeed. lol ;-)

Anonymous said...

Howdy there! I clicked over here from my very dear friend cattlemansdaughter and couldn't help but what to comment! I lived in and loved White Mountains of Arizona for nine cherished years! When we moved east I left my heart there and was very excited to return to the south west. (New Mexico.)

Love the hat! *winks*

-allcountrygirl.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

He is risen indeed!!!!

My husband worked a part time job in an apartment complex for a little while and their was a lady there that all ways put out "the tracts." He always put them in the trash and put ours out on the tables. It was very disturbing to him like you to see them there knowing that they were so false. Good for you. Have a good day. connie from Texas