Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ironwood = Life-Changing Experience

I just got back from camp yesterday. Ironwood Teen Camp 7, August 6-11, 2007, was a truly amazing, life-changing experience for me. The week was so much fun, but the best part is that it was not about the fun, but about growing closer to and glorifying God. I was challenged spiritually in ways I have never been challenged before, and my spiritual maturity has grown more in the past week than it has in a long time. In a word, AWESOME!!!!


I took a lot of pictures, but I haven't gotten them developed yet -- these are just pics I got off the website, here. I had the greatest time... The games we played were lots of fun, games like Derailment (which involved a pit of muddy water, two bridges, and inner tubes), Fool's Gold Flim Flam (which meant kicking balls and running around cones), and others. We could participate in several fun activities, which for me meant I shot .22's and shotguns, went canoeing, threw hatchets, and climbed a rock wall. Also available were activities such as wire peeps (making people shapes out of wire), laser tag, sidewalk chalk, crafts, balloon sculpting, archery, blowguns, human foosball, and fishing. Certain periods of time throughout the day were free time, where you could hang out at Rivertown, talking, playing games like rocket ball or ping pong, and buying sodas, snowcones, candy bars, or popsicles.


Every day you had the opportunity to go swimming in the Ironwood Lake -- I swam every day. Unfortunately the rope swing was out of order this week, but jumping from the dock and high-dive were fun, and the giant slide was awesome! Later I'll include more pictures...

We attended morning and evening chapel services, memorized Bible verses, had personal and cabin devotional times, and sang and prayed before meals. The whole purpose for the week's camp experience was to draw closer to God and have fun doing it -- and we succeeded! I'll have more to say later, including more pictures. IRONWOOD IS THE BEST!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would enjoy Ironwood, did I tell you that my daughter attend there 3 summers in a row? She loved it, so I knew you would, Praise the Lord for the growth you experienced.

Anonymous said...

aaww,hey my cousin!! its julie.im glad you had fun,and that you posted pics and what you did.im thankful that you have grown so much in your faith!!! it excites me!!!!!im posting my pics from panama in a album on a site called photobucket.once they are all on there,i will give you the username and password so you can see them and other pics of me.i will ttyl girly!! love ya!! ;)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great experience, all the way around. I look forward to the more you have to say about it. So many people think you can't be Christian and have a good time, too.