Just 4 days until camp begins! I'm excited...
And on Saturday I'll be having a yardsale. A realtor we know arranges community yardsales about twice a year, and she puts up all the signs and things -- and even brings Krispy Kreme doughnuts! The last yardsale I did, back in June, netted me $3.60, if I remember right...hopefully this one will be a little more productive.
So much to do, so little time! Things are getting hectic around here. The same week I'm at camp my mom will be in Florida visiting my elderly grandparents, so she's getting ready for her adventure at the same time I'm getting ready for mine.
We recycle bottles, plastic and glass, and aluminum cans...no, not because we want to save the earth, although recycling does cut way down on litter and trash. We recycle because they pay us money for them! Last time we took a load down to the recycling center we came home with $45. My mom and I split that, I get 2/3 and she takes 1/3, because I do most of the dirty work (climbing in dumpsters, etc.) but I couldn't do it without her. Mass recycling does have an environmental impact, as we have seen many times. When you take a lot of bottles and cans from a garbage can, the level of garbage in it goes down quite a ways. But mostly we do it for the money :-)
Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)
God bless!
Thursday, August 2, 2007
4 Days Away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Just as a comment on this posting, I made $9.60! :-)
Good deal on the yardsale take! Every bit helps. I like your honest comment about why you recycle. I think a lot of people do for that same reason!
What are you saving money toward?
Post a Comment