Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Special Announcement AND Ariana’s First Birthday

Yes! Yes! Yes! Praise the Lord! :)

I’m going to start with the special announcement… drum roll please…

Ariana…
…is going to be a big sister!!!!!

Yes! It’s true! My sweet big sister and brother-in-law are expecting again!!


Here’s the new Piglet:


Isn’t he or she precious??!!!! I can’t wait to have another niece or nephew!


We were debating about that – boy or girl? It would be more convenient for them to have another girl, since they already have all the girl stuff. On the other hand, a boy would be nice too, being different and all. Whether it’s a boy or a girl, only the Lord knows yet, and isn’t it so wonderful to know that He knows all about this new little one, and has known since before He laid the foundations of the earth?! Every time I think about that it boggles my mind. He knows!

I made a post back on Ariana’s birthday in October, but I never posted the photos from her party. She’s ONE!!!

Quite a few people were able to make it, I didn’t get a picture of everybody, but this is some of them:

Her Grandma B (another adopted grandma, an older lady in our church) was able to be there:

And of course CG was there! (and Auntie Bekah too, although since I was taking most of the photos, I’m not in them!) :)

Here’s Ariana (after the party, incidentally) with her daddy, mommy, and auntie Charity:

She opened presents, although most of the time she was more interested in the wrapping! She received stuffed animals…

…outfits…


…a bath toy…

…and, from Auntie B, a pair of rattles (empty plastic spice bottles, one with rice, one with beans inside, both with the lids glued on!)…

…and a book! A book with googly-eyed animals!

We, the adoring fans, friends, and family (*wink*), got cupcakes, but SHE got a whole cake!


She wasn’t too sure about it, and mainly just played in the frosting…


She got that frosting all over herself! And I mean all over! All over the pretty pink dress, too!

So we (her mommy, auntie Charity, and auntie Bekah) had to take her into the bathroom, take off the pink dress, and give her a mini-bath. She re-entered the stage dressed in her diaper-cover and birthday hat.
Meanwhile we played a great game of…well, I don’t remember exactly what it was called! Pastor Daniel displayed (they have a ceiling-mounted projector) on the wall a combination of letters which, when said fast enough, would usually phonetically reveal a totally different word or words. Here’s nearly everybody, deep in thought…
Here’s one of the words/phrases. Can you figure it out? Leave me a comment if you know what it is! :)

And now for a word from the birthday girl herself:
"Mmmfff fthmf mmmmmth fffmmth."

Translation: either "Thanks for coming" or "This ring tastes good" – I can’t tell which! :)

Happy Birthday, Ariana! Auntie B loves you!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww those pics are so adorable and that is so kool that she is going to be a big sister soon!!! The word is cleavand Ohio!! I love that game we have it. It is called Mad Gab!!!

~Morgan~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Auntie!!!!! :) How fun and exciting!

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a sweetie! She's already one?! Where did the time go? :)

Anonymous said...

Awww! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Thank you all! I'm very excited, and yes, it's hard to believe that she's 1!! Thanks Morgan, I could not remember the name, but you're right, it's Mad Gab, and you got the word right too! :)

Anonymous said...

Not a problem!!! I like that game alot we have and we use to play it a bunch, no one liked being on the opposite teams from me and my older sister because everyone thought we were good at the game!! lol

~Morgan~

Anonymous said...

She is so very cute!