Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Memes

O.K., here comes a wave of memes. One I picked up, another I volunteered for, and still another I was tagged for. So here goes:

Name Meme:

1. What is your name? - Rebekah

2. A four-letter word? - Rent

3. A vehicle? - Radio-controlled car

4. A city? - Rancho Santa Margarita (it's in Southern California, it's just the first city starting with an R that I thought of)

5. A Boy's Name? - Reagan (I admire the president)

6. A Girl's Name? - Rachel (one of my very good friends)

7. A movie/film? - Remember the Titans (I've never seen it, I just searched the web for a movie starting with R and got that)

8. An occupation? - Reaper (not the Grim, but rather someone who gathers in crops)

9. Something you wear? - Removable sleeves...I couldn't think of anything else!

10. A Celebrity? - Reba McEntire

11. A Food? - Red bell peppers (I don't like them, but I couldn't think of anything else)

12. Something found in the kitchen? - Recipes

13. Something found in the bathroom? - Razors

14. A Reason for being late? - not Remembering where your car is

15. A Cartoon Character? - Roadrunner

16. Something you shout? - "it's Raining!"

17. An animal? - Rhinocerous

18. A Body Part? - Rear end (there's another part, too, but I think you know which that is)

19. A word to describe you? - not Rebellious...I couldn't think of anything else

I picked this one up, so I won't tag anybody for it.


Book Meme:

1) One book that changed your life: the Bible, without a doubt. I'm not going to say what version is best, since I believe that the Bible is the Word of God and is inerrant in its original manuscripts.

2) One book that you have read more than once: Hmmm...pretty much any good book

3) One book you would want on a desert island: I would have to say that if I could only take one book, it would be the Bible.

4) Two books that made you laugh: Books by Stephen Bly ; Cranes in My Corral, by Dayton O. Hyde (very, very funny! About a rancher who decides to raise 4 sandhill cranes).

5) One book that made you cry: A Walk to Remember, by Nicholas Sparks

6) One book you wish you'd written: Any good book, particularly any book written by Stephen Bly

7) One book you wish had never been written: Any book that exemplifies, exonerates, or exalts a different belief or lifestyle than what our Savior wants us to have.

8) Two books you're reading: I'm working on rereading the Anne of Green Gables series by L. M. Montgomery; I'm in the middle of Blind Man's Bluff, the Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage, by Sherry Sontag and Christopher Drew with Annette Lawrence Drew.

9) One book you're going to read: I intend someday to finish reading Plato's Five Great Dialogues, and someday I intend to read Homer's The Iliad and the Odyssey

This one I volunteered for, so I'm not going to tag anybody for this one, either.


This one I was tagged for by Daughter of Mac Children 4
Random Meme:

01. Link to the person that tagged you
02. Post the rules on your blog
03. Share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
04. Tag 6 random people at the end of your post
05. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog


1. When I'm feeling self-conscious, I begin to shift my weight from foot to foot, and often rub the top of the free foot on the calf of the weighted foot. I also blush.

2. I have this strange quirk about necklaces -- I can't stand to see the clasp of a necklace hanging down by the pendant. What's even stranger is that one of my cousins also has this quirk.

3. I have wanted to join the military since I was a small child, though not consistently (I, as all children do, wavered many times as to what I wanted to do when I grew up).

4. I like to write fiction, but I'm not really very good at it. I stink at mysteries (so predictable they might as well be called no-mysteries), and my westerns resemble stories that a six-year-old might tell you. The only book I've ever written that I think is any good was juvenile contemporary Christian, and maybe sometime I can look into having it published or something. But for now, I only write for my own amusement, because if anyone else reads them, they're way too amusing because they aren't very good!

5. Kids tend to flock to me. Why, I don't know, except that I like kids as much as they like me, but it seems like any neighborhood we're in, I end up with a fan club!

6. I pretty much always wear a hat when I'm not inside a house, usually my black cowboy hat, but if I'm working out or something I'll wear my Kawasaki baseball cap.

I'm going to tag:
1. Under Southern Skies
2. Dad of 3 Girls
3. Little Drummer Boy
4. Because He Lives
5. Heart of Praise
6. The Days of My Life

That's all for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can believe that children flock to you. Even in blog land lol. My Daughter loves reading your blog. And she even tagged you lol.

Anonymous said...

There is something we have in common. I can't stand the clip of a necklace in the front ether. rather it is on Me or not.

Form Daughter.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading these things about you. I can see you in them. I have always had the same self-conscious actions especially shifting my weight from foot to foot and blushing, yes even to this day.

I have always had kids around me also, I think because I love children from birth to-----. I was raised with 6 sister and two brothers so I have always been used to kids. Now that I am old they aren't around so much because I can't do the things I could at one time. You are a very sweet young lady. connie from Texas