Welcome to Cowgirl For Jesus!!

We're still under some construction at the moment, so if something looks odd to you, or if you cannot see all of my text or something goofy like that, please please please leave me a comment to let me know about it!! Thanks so much! :)

God bless!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Power, Mercy, Justice

Well, the cricket appears to be dead. It has not moved in several days. It is still whole, however. I guess I'll have to find something else to feed Sally. Anybody got suggestions?

I don't have all that much to say...nothing much new here. So I figured I'd share a little something that was shown to me this morning in our family devotions time. We're reading through the Psalms, and this morning's was Psalm 62.

Once God has spoken; twice I have heard this: that power belongs to God; and
lovingkindness is Yours, O Lord, for You recompense a man according to his work.
Psalm 62:11-12

Right there in one breath we have power, mercy, and justice. And so I had to wonder why those three things were put together by themselves. It was then that I understood that only He has the power to bring about true justice, and since He has that power, He also has the power to be merciful. When you look at it that way, it makes sense to put the three things together, that power is His, and mercy is His, and justice is His. And only His.

Just so you know, I am planning to start posting a monthly devotional, hopefully on the first (or, at least, the first few days) of the month. So my next post will probably be October's devotional. Well, I need to go now, so I'll close here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I am looking forward to your devotionals!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I enjoyed your comment on my blog. Nice to meet you! I look forward to visiting your blog. loved this post.